As an experienced professional, performs research and analysis searching for indications of advanced threat actors existing on the network. Works with the Cyber Security Research and Development team to operationalize new and innovative techniques of discovering advanced threat actors. Works with Cyber Security Operations to ensure there are good data sources to enrich hunting capabilities. Communicates effectively both vertically and laterally.
• Must have strong information security analytical skills
• Must understand typical threat actor profiles, the typical indicators associated with those profiles, and be able to synthesize the two to develop innovative techniques to detect threat actor activity
• Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
• Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
• Must have solid DFIR background
• Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
• Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
• Experience setting up infrastructure to support Hunt Team operations
• Previous experience working in the financial industry
Enterprise roll overview:
Senior contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, and engineering information security (authentication, perimeter security, security & compliance tools, etc) & directory technology systems (software & hardware) and security policies / procedures. Utilizes in-depth technical / project knowledge and business requirements to design secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Serves as organization spokesperson on specialized projects. Acts as a prime consultant on large projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Provides direction and guidance to others in the group. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from Technical or Senior Technical Manager. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.