Financial Solutions Advisor- Westwood Village Financial Center- Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Job number: 17043388
Back to job search results
FSA develops new investment and banking business through leads generated from internal partnering. The FSA will identify, profile and meet with clients to analyze and review financial goals. Engages customers in the lobby for delivery of store value proposition. The FSA will triage client leads and make referrals to appropriate internal service providers based on client needs and asset thresholds. Participates in on-going training and interaction with the Merrill Lynch Wealth Complex. The role is a bridge between banking and brokerage, therefore the FSA must have a general awareness of core banking and investment solutions. The FSA should be able to provide an enterprise product view for our clients, executing referrals across banking and brokerage lines. Demonstrates proficiency with appropriate banking center systems and routines to support sales process. Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) required and Insurance licenses desired. CFP or CRCP preferred. 4 year business degree preferred. One+ years experience in business development and investments training.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
Required Skills & Experience: "MUST" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- Three + years of proven investment business development experience, including investment training. In-depth knowledge of investment products and services.
- One+ years experience in business development and investments training.
- Experience creating a comprehensive financial strategy, assessing needs, identifying, and recommending financial solutions.
- Knowledge of banking (credit and deposit) products and services desired.
- Must be able to provide evidence of consultative communication and relationship building skills leading to client service, fulfillment and delight in previous roles.
- Series 7 required. This role also requires series 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66). If you do not currently hold the 66 but have either a 63 or 65 an offer can be extended with the condition that a passing score is received for the missing series within 60 days.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Results oriented with proven track record of outstanding ability to motivate and influence other to accomplish objectives: present oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish credibility and respect with others.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic.
- Highly motivated self-starter, proactive, with intense focus on results. Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations.
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team and can diplomatically handle conflict; demonstrated ability to cultivate effective revenue generating partnerships with other LOBs.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
- An impeccable reputation for integrity and consistency; must possess sound business ethics acting in the best interest of the client.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Four year degree desired, preferably in business related field.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRCP) Designations desired.
- Insurance licenses desired.
Posting Date: 19/06/2017
Location: US-CA-Los Angeles
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Weekly Schedule: Monday-Friday Open availability required + some Saturdays
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.