Corporate title: up to Assistant Vice-President (AVP)
Line of Business: Global Market Operations & Middle Office
The opportunity is to join the syndicate support team and be sat with the execution team in the syndicate box on the Fixed income trading floor in London. The role is seen as a Generalist Support team which will assist with the DCM, EMTN desk as well as the EMEA Syndicate Desk. The role will also work closely with the ECM team to be able to provide cross coverage.
The Debt Capital Market support team is part of the wider Global Market Operations & Middle Office group (GMO&MO).The team provides support to the London Syndicate/EMTN and High Yield desks. Products include: SSA bonds, Corporate bonds including ABS and CDO’s. The team sit directly with the Business within a private side area enabling them to liaise more efficiently on a daily basis and be privy to forthcoming events. The work can be confidential in nature before deals are announced to the market and involves a high level of sensitivity and accuracy.
- Management of intraday activity for EMEA Investment Grade Syndicate Desk.
- Booking & amending sales/internal trades using Vmaster, Bloomberg & Symphony.
- Reconciling trading desk activity, FLIP & Front to Back breaks.
- Management of balance sheet risk position to ensure risk is appropriately captured.
- Using personal digression to ensure all exception trading tickets between the banks on the syndicate are correct.
- Reconciling live books across the Syndicate teams during the bookbuild process.
- Cross checking all P&L.
- Assisting in the management and maintenance of all Syndicate deal files including all Legal and Regulations record-keeping.
- Input of fee payments/pre-advices
- Reviewing and reporting on any failing trades.
- Liaising with issuers & our internal council to ensure closing are processed correctly.
- Reviewing & assisting with implementation new regulatory reporting articles, including MIFID 2.
- Managing Sales Production Credit payment and queries.
- Ad-hoc business support (Legal, Syndicate, trading, sales, COO).
Skills that we look for:
- Experience within a similar support role.
- A good level of understanding of Fixed Income products and settlement.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Operational risk. Monitor daily breaks and escalate accordingly.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility at all times and work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish good working relationships internally with the Business, Sales and other Middle Office and Operational teams.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with internal / external counterparties.
- Ability to maintain a high standard when dealing with volumes, tight deadlines or demanding clients / desks.
- The role will involve meticulous attention to detail, and adherence to tight deadlines.
- A flexible and hard-working approach is essential to making a success of the role.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.