Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business Global Marketing and Corporate Affairs
Here in our London Office we are looking for an Arts Programme Manager to join our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) team.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s programme of arts support reflects our belief that the arts matter. They help economies to thrive, individuals to connect with each other across cultures, and they educate and enrich societies. Our commitment to the arts is a key element of our global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programme. Around the world, we support not-for-profit arts institutions that deliver both the visual and performing arts, provide inspirational and educational sustenance, anchor communities, create jobs, complement school curricula and generate substantial revenue for local businesses.
The Arts Programme Manager role is fantastic opportunity to manage a multifaceted arts platform with a focus on three key areas:
- Manage the bank’s extensive arts platform across EMEA, from an employee, client and community standpoint
- Act as a liaison with the various lines of business and ensuring sufficient leverage of the platform
- Managing relationships with some of the top arts and community organisations across EMEA
As an Arts Programme Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
Sponsorships/Lending of our Collection
- Work strategically with senior management to determine our priority markets across EMEA
- Research available opportunities within the art market across all priority markets in EMEA
- Help determine what sponsorships or lending of our collection would work best for priority markets
- Manage various art-related sponsorship projects, leveraging client and employee opportunities
- Project manage large sponsorships with cross-function teams
- Liaise with our arts partners on marketing, press and communication plans
- Promote the partnership internally to employees and other stakeholders
- Fully leverage the benefits from an events and employee engagement standpoint
- Strategically manage our employee art memberships with some of the top galleries in London and across EMEA
- Manage the budget of the programme and conduct impact analysis on the usage
- Ensure sufficient leverage of the programme by promoting the partnership internally to employees and other stakeholders
- Renew contracts on an annual basis and manage the relationships with partners
- Create events to engage employees in the arts programme
Art Conservation Project
- Work with management to identify priority markets in EMEA
- Review proposals and work with senior management to confirm projects
- Manage and leverage existing projects with stakeholders
- Work with our communications teams to promote these projects
Manage art community/grant partners
- Help develop education programmes alongside sponsorships
- Manage education and outreach programmes with our art community partners
- Ensure employee engagement and volunteering, where applicable
- Manage press aspects of these relationships with our communications team
- Work with our Community Engagement team and our arts partners to create/leverage skills sharing opportunities
- Record and update data re usage of the arts programme and assist with quarterly metric reporting and development
- Leverage opportunities to speak externally about the bank’s art platform
- Research/create/leverage relationships that could help promote our arts programme
As an Arts Programme Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate confidently with staff across all levels and areas of the company
- Ability to work directly with senior staff, displaying leadership qualities that provide a sense of gravitas
- Highly organised team player, efficient and able to implement ideas, and measure success
- Experience and/or understanding of the banking industry or corporate environment
- Experience and/or understanding of the EMEA arts community
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects across a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Resourceful, having initiative and able to work under pressure
- An interest in environment and social issues and the wider ESG agenda and experience and/or a firm understanding of the business driving the ESG agenda
- Advanced Excel skills, Word, PowerPoint presentations and data management systems
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.