About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
- Application/production support for China region covering its applications, production services and related environments.
- Responsibility includes maintaining strong operational relationship and engagement with the Operations/Business groups and other technology/operations/risk/compliance leaders.
- Proactive and active engagement in managing stability in the production environments, this includes co-ordinating with regional teams and global technology support groups to implement better processes, controls, solutions, preventative actions and process improvement reviews.
- Manage financial and total cost of applications for the region, and be responsible for managing the cost structure, forecasts and actual for the team by liaising directly with the finance and business management groups
- Translates business strategy into work programs and processes. Ensure initiatives are implemented with adequate operational considerations in place.
- Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of an IT environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives.
- Participates with IT management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area.
- Ensure IT and Operational teams fully understand the requirements, scope and objectives through full collaboration and interactive process during the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Architects, Developers and Subject Matter Experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- A minimum of 8+ years’ total working experience. Open for candidates from non-FI industries.
- Confident, professional and fluent communicator. Fluency in English language (spoken and written) is essential.
- Application/software Development background (including end to end software development life cycle (SDLC) experience) essential.
- Previous hands on production support management experience essential (minimum 3 years).
- Strong infrastructure (hardware, operating systems, networks, database, firewall, internet) knowledge and experience essential.
- Experience of managing global platforms and production services will be essential.
- Demonstrable experience of working to resolution complex issues involving multiple groups. Strong analytical skills required and should have a natural ability to research and resolve complex systems, application and business issues.
- Strong matrix management skills in a global company including influence, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Can critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Drives and challenges business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience of international payments clearings and the technology used to process payments (Example – SWIFT).
- Must be able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, use own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision.
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider teams in team meetings via teleconference.
- Experience of Treasury Services / Investment Banking process and products.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills.
- Payments/Treasury Management business experience would be an advantage.
- Hands on project management experience will be an advantage.
- Experience of solution design and systems architecture will be an advantage.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Enterprise Change Management Methodologies desirable.
- Experience with Agile / eXtreme Programming project methodology and development desirable.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer
Posting Date: 13/10/2017
Location: Shanghai, , AZIA CENTRE, NO 1233 Lujiazui Ring Rd, - China
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.