As the financial services industry continues to evolve in response to major regulatory reforms, Bank of America is seeking to add a senior leader to its Centralized Regulatory Reporting team. Located in Charlotte, NC, this is a high impact role that will lead all report production of capital-based regulatory reporting with responsibility to drive a consistent and standard regulatory reporting process across regulatory filings at the Company. The successful candidate will drive better management of risks related to regulatory filings and will partner with a wide array of constituents to provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise to key decisions, influence strategy and address the needs of auditors and examiners. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and accountable for end to end compliance of regulatory reporting requirements for FFIEC 009 (Country Exposure), FR Y-15 (Systemic Risk Report), Reg W (Report of Sec 23A Transactions with Affiliates), TICs, FSB (Institution to Institution) and various other reports.
- Sign-off and attests to the accuracy, effectiveness of controls, and conformance to instructions on reports. Advises and guides reporting interpretations and instructions.
- Implement the target state operating model, including organizational construct, resourcing requirements and operating budget
- Manage a team of reporting Subject matter expert resources. Effectively manage the performance and development of the employees on the team
- Appropriately manage and drive change to mitigate operational and financial risk. Design and implement standardized controls framework, issues management, and governance routines, including accountability, across the reports in line with Centralized Regulatory Reporting objectives
- Manage engagement with executive/senior management and regulators
- Manage regulatory examinations including timely data collection and remediation of audit issues, self-identified audit issues, and regulator identified issues.
- Provide guidance and input to tools and systems development, testing and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Key Leadership Characteristics:
- In-depth understanding of BAC financial processes and regulatory reporting requirements
- 15+ years of relevant finance experience in a large corporate environment
- Organizationally savvy; can work across organizational lines to gain consensus and buy-in from stakeholders
- Able to build and leverage existing relationships to influence outcomes and drive decisions
- Strong strategic and process thinking skills; Quickly makes connections across the organization to ensure seamless integration of work streams
- Execution-oriented; with ability to quickly organize work and execute with speed
- Able to manage multiple threads of work and balance/decision competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Professional executive demeanor; mature and decisive with highly versatile interpersonal skills
- Strong team leadership skills; able to attract, retain and develop top talent; strong coach
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization.
This position is posted as a SrFin Mgr-Acct Anly & Mgmt Rpt but is flexible to be filled as a Manager-Mgmt Accounting - Reg if the posted qualifications are met by a strong Manager-Mgmt Accounting – Reg level applicant.
Posting Date: 07/12/2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, TRANSAMERICA SQUARE, 401 N TRYON ST, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.