Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Corporate Audit
Our Dublin office requires a Senior Audit Supervisor to sit within the EMEA Global Markets Corporate Audit team at Vice President level. Global Markets covers the full suite of businesses across Equities and Fixed Income.
The role involves participating and in some instances leading audits of the front office (sales and trading), middle office, finance and market risk functions for the Global Markets businesses.
The candidate will be required to collect and analyse complex data and identify and evaluate risk and control measures. This will enable them to develop and prepare audit plans and implement risk based audit strategy.
As Senior Audit Supervisor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Primarily leads and participates in a range of audit and risk advisory projects for the line of business supported, including planning, executing, directing team members and ensuring the timely completion of audits and to a high quality standard
- Manage multiple projects using technology and analytic techniques to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Develop and prepare audit plans. Implement risk based audit strategy
- Exercise judgment and critical thinking to influence business partners, senior business managers and peers. Help business partners to balance their business strategy with appropriate risk management controls
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the projects’ objectives and planned audit approach. Prepare written reports, supporting audit opinions
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the regional audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views. Bring potential opportunities to the team's attention
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence. Stay informed of current economic developments relevant to the business
As Senior Audit Supervisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree and ideally a post degree qualification such as a Masters or Professional Qualification or equivalent experience in similar role
- A detailed knowledge of Global Market Sales and Trading control processes and products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge and analyse processes
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; good attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities; Able to develop and convey a point of view
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude. Able to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines. Individual with desire to learn and teach others, high energy, positive attitude
- Creative thinker who can map out creative solutions and lead their implementation
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail with dedication to superior service
- PC proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software applications
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.