Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Ops Risk
An opportunity as Risk & Quality Assurance Lead is available in our Dublin office. The candidate will be aligned to the Enhanced Controls Programme for GSO and will work within the ‘SCTO’ Securities Core Trading Operations Risk & QA team who provide independent assessment / monitoring of risk and control issues across Equities Operations & Middle Office.
The candidate will be required to provide quality assurance and control over Equities Operations & Middle Office key controls and High Risk Processes; Provide an independent assessment of control and risk issues for SCTO Leadership team, Equities business & outside Risk organizations; Collate and analyse risk data including; High Risk Process metrics, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Go to Green plans, Operational Losses, Regulatory submissions, Audit Status reporting.
The candidate will also have the opportunity to work with Equities Operations & Middle Office line management to strengthen the control environment and improve control culture & practices; embed a risk & governance culture across all lines of business; and provide an oversight responsibility across regulatory processes.
As a Risk & Quality Assurance Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Act as the day-to-day Risk Analyst for the Enhanced Controls Program, providing guidance for all program issues that arise
- Work with SCTO Risk Leads & Lines of business to perform independent risk assessments of High, medium & low processes (HRP) & related activities as per the RCSA. Present findings and opinions to senior management
- Coordinate Equities RCSA program with Global Tech & Operations (GT&O) and Business partner providing ongoing governance of associated go to green plans & alignment of new issues
- Assist the LOB with enhancements of Process Control Standards and procedures
- Present regular programme updates to stakeholders & input into Risk Governance packs
- Collate process control documentation from the LOB (process maps, business self-assessment, etc.) throughout the year, as process/controls/staffing changes occur
- Maintain a risk dashboard aligning, risk issues & Ops Losses and near miss data per HRP
- Assist in the identification of Quality Assurance routines, testing or Metrics per HRP
- Attend weekly control meetings to review and action control breaks and issues
- Work closely with Governance team to support CMS requirements & RCSA routine
As a Risk & Quality Assurance Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Background in Operations risk and/or Securities operations
- Relationship Building skills
- Risk Management skills
- Quality Assurance / Control skills
- Problem Resolution skills
- Ability to successfully liaise with and influence across all levels, including senior management, in a confident manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in both written and verbal context
- Ability to manage and resolve queries independently and able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job while managing multiple priorities/tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain high standards
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.