Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Global Technology and Operations
A role exists for a highly motivated, industry established professional to join the Bank as a Client Services Representative (CSR). This role sits within the EMEA Futures and Options and Over-the-Counter Clearing Client Service Team in Chester, UK, as part of the Global Technology and Operations line of business.
In this position you will be able to communicate with people daily, giving yourself exposure to different people and areas around Bank of America Merrill Lynch. There are opportunities to progress your career internally within Client Services.
As a Client Services Representative your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a client services representative for a number of the Bank’s clearing clients
- Responding to exceptions raised by clients and liaising with multiple operational functions globally to resolve issues
- Responsible for the administration of client profiles on the Bank’s online tools
- Communicate and educate clients in relation to regulatory and industry changes
- Continuous improvement of the operations environment and client support model
- Partnering closely with Technology, Operations and Front Office to drive change
- Drive the ongoing review of clients and our operational offering
As a Client Services Representative your skills/competencies will be:
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task under pressure
- European languages (especially French, German, Italian and Spanish)
- The role will demand that the candidate is an excellent communicator as the function entails frequent interaction with business partners and clients
- The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of the listed derivatives market, specifically Futures and Options and OTC cleared products, in addition to being well versed in trade execution and clearing
- The candidate will be able to evaluate the risk elements of such a client facing role and ensure tasks are carried out in a controlled fashion
- The candidate will have experience with using GMI, as well as other systems associated with cleared Futures and Derivatives and should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations, as well as common industry wide business practices (e.g. MIFID, Mandatory Exchange Clearing, EMIR & CASS rules)
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment