GBAM AML is a recently created Front Line Unit group responsible for updating and implementing new business unit procedures stemming from Global Financial Crimes Compliance mandated requirements. The Business Control Manager will serve as an AML subject matter expert for Latam region, reporting into Regional COO and GBAM AML team.
- Serve as an Anti-money laundering subject matter expert for Latam region.
- Assist in the execution of internal control discipline and operational excellence within GBAM AML
- Primary responsibilities are to implement new and updated business unit procedures stemming from GFCC mandated requirements.
- Manage complex volume of regulatory changes in multiple jurisdictions, requiring interaction with Global Financial Crimes Compliance team, the AML Enterprise Process Owners, peers in other regions, and Front Line Units representatives.
- Additional duties include serving as the primary AML stakeholder in region for associated projects and initiatives, as well as tasks that could include AML training, involvement in AML technology initiatives, audits and exams, and other items related to GBAM AML that will arise in the normal course.
Core skills and requirements
- 5+ years of Business Controls, Operational Risk, Process Design, Audit or related experience
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide constituency
- Ability to interpret Financial Crimes standards and translate into implementable plans for GBAM LOB in region.
- Solutions oriented-Agility to adjust, react with optimism and professionalism by utilizing critical thinking skills / business acumen and resources to make sound business decisions and reduce risk
- Ability to interact and influence across broad audiences in multiple locations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Process design skills
- Fluent in Portuguese and English. Spanish will be a plus
Posting Date: 12/01/2018
Location: Sao Paulo, , FARIA LIMA FINANCIAL CENTER, AV BRIGADEIRO FARIA LIMA 3400, - Brazil
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.