Overview * (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of our Global Delivery Center of Expertise in the bank. Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for the individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.BA Continuum India Pvt. Ltd. supports business process, information technology and knowledge process across Consumer Banking, including Card and Home Loans, Legacy Asset Servicing, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth and Investment Management lines of business at Bank of America.
Global Middle Office delivers control functions responsible for providing assurance over data and processes used to record risk, Core functions that are critical in ensuring business process control: Trade Capture Substantiation, Risk/Position Validation, Event Monitoring, and Front-Back Process Oversight. The STR or Structured Trade Review Team is part of the Global Middle Office (GMO) Team. Structured Trade Review (STR) is a control process designed to reduce this risk for trades which are complex in form or booking, ensuring that trade economics are correctly captured and recorded in the systems according to the confirmation and term sheet
- Reconcile the trade bookings (in at-least one asset class) in the trade/risk booking systems with the documents (Confirmation, Pricing Supplement, Term Sheet) & ensure no discrepancies
- Ensure trades are booked in appropriate valuation models (including MC Scripts) and the trade payoffs/ valuation parameters are correctly captured in the booking
- Identify potential PnL breaks/ settlement breaks due to mis-booking, ensure the amendment of mis-booking & report MTM impact of amendments
- Identify, Confirm & Report conservative valuation bookings (overhedges) & approximate bookings for trades
- Identify issues and control gaps in existing infrastructure
- Work with technology team to streamline our processes and enhance data integrity and control
- Accountable for the success of small projects or sections of larger ones
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables and well as the implementation of relevant project management practices (status reporting, issue tracking etc)
- Day to day responsibility for managing the project with line, technology and other partners
- Strategic thinker and ability to convert firm’s long term goals into same who can be creative and innovate.
- Intense work ethic with history of proven strong delivery
- Strong adaptability skills to navigate a large organization to keep the focus on delivering for the business & client whilst minimizing time spent on low value additive activities
- Personal effectiveness: communication, decisiveness, energy & drive, character & works diligently to achieve success
- Strong technical skills to understand the products and business
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge or experience with trading products in capital markets: Knowledge of: Fixed Income, intuitive understanding of derivative Pricing, knowledge of Financial Risk Management
- Education*: Post Graduation or an equivalent qualification
- Certifications If Any : NA
- Experience Range*: Minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience in a middle office support functions or operations function for OTC derivative products with a total experience of 8+ years
- Mandatory skills*: (1) Good Understanding of Investment Banking Products from a Middle Office or Back Office background. (2) Strong communication skills across all levels of seniority especially with the Trading desk (3) Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Desired skills* : Demonstrate good Excel skills (macros, formulas)
Work Timings*: Flexible to work in Shifts
Job Location*: Hyderabad
Posting Date: 14/02/2018
Location: Hyderabad, , RAHEJA IT PARK, MINDSPACE, - India
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 45
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.