Overview * (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of our Global Delivery Center of Expertise in the bank. Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for the individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.BA Continuum India Pvt. Ltd. supports business process, information technology and knowledge process across Consumer Banking, including Card and Home Loans, Legacy Asset Servicing, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth and Investment Management lines of business at Bank of America.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support and Supply Chain Management.
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
The role involves accounting, month end close, regulatory reporting for Asia including capital and liquidity reporting, and management reporting responsibilities
GFC APAC controller senior analyst position includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provide oversight, review, governance of day to day responsibilities of the Finance function including accounting processes and reporting, regulatory reporting for Asia entities, fix data quality issues, management reporting and variance analysis, local GAAP reporting, etc.
- Preparation and Oversight of Regulatory Reporting returns or reports for capital and liquidity reporting for regulators e.g. HKMA, MAS, SAFE
- Sound understanding of various key regulations, including Capital Adequacy Reporting. LCR, single-borrower limits etc.
- Good understanding of system linkages and data flow
- Ability to liaise and work closely with various business partners e.g. financial controllers, technology, treasury etc. to drive and manage change and improvemnets
- Assist in implementing change management in the Finance area, through enhancements of reporting processes and structure, streamlining of reporting responsibilities between local and regional teams, and automation of regulatory reporting
- Responsible for fulfilling the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, including reports and presentations to the Board Committees and Board of Directors, the Central Bank and other regulators
- Supports achievement of business goals by working on complex activities or projects with others within the team and with various partner relationships
- Education – CA/MBA Tier II
- Experience Range – 6 to 8 years of experience in finance, accounting, regulatory reporting including capital and liquidity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as the position requires global correspondence and communication with associates throughout the Bank of America footprint
- Driven to learn and develop new skills
- Self-motivated and independent having a control mindset
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliver as well as being able to adapt to changes
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and MS Access
- Good knowledge of financial products (derivatives, swaps, interest, bonds, credit, etc.)
- Strong computer skills (advanced excel and macro/access) and Oracle/SAP experiences are preferred
Asia but should be flexible
07:30 to 16:30 IST
Job Location* Gurgaon
* Mandatory Fields
Job Band: 6
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 45
Staffing Contact Name