Corporate title: Assistant Vice-President (AVP)
Line of Business: Client Services – F&O and OTC Clearing Operations
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is looking for a subject matter expert within Futures & Options and OTC Clearing with previous client servicing experience to join their team in London. The role will concentrate on maintaining Client Service levels for existing and pipeline clients. The team in London service our top revenue and highest profile F&O clients so the role will provide great exposure to the best practices on the market.
Due to the level of responsibilities and nature of the team candidate must have in-depth knowledge of the listed derivatives market, specifically Futures and Options and OTC cleared products, in addition to being well versed in trade execution and clearing. The role will also demand that the candidate is an excellent communicator as the function entails frequent interaction with business partners and clients, in addition to providing support to other members of the CSR team.
- Acting as a client services representative for a number of the Bank’s Clearing clients.
- Responding to exceptions raised by clients and liaising with multiple operational functions globally to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the administration of client profiles to the Bank’s online tools.
- Communicate and educate clients in relation to regulatory and industry changes.
- Continuous improvement of the operations environment and client support model, with an STP focus.
- Partnering closely with Technology, Operations and Front Office to drive change.
- Drive the ongoing review of clients and our operational offering.
- Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of the listed derivatives market, specifically Futures and Options and OTC cleared products, in addition to being well versed in trade execution and clearing.
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations, as well as common industry wide business practices (e.g. MIFID, Mandatory Exchange Clearing, EMIR & CASS rules).
- Candidate should have experience with using GMI, as well as other systems associated with cleared Futures and Derivatives and should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The candidate should be able to evaluate the risk elements of such a client facing role and ensure tasks are carried out in a controlled fashion.
- The role will demand that the candidate is an excellent communicator as the function entails frequent interaction with business partners and clients, in addition to providing support to other members of the CSR team.
- The candidate must be able to act without immediate supervision and have the ability to take ownership of tasks and processes.
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task under pressure.
- Experience working in a global environment with outsourced partners would also be considered as a benefit.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.