Perform all underwriting tasks for commercial loan requests to high net worth clients of Global Wealth and Investment Management, which includes US Trust Private Wealth Management and Merrill Lynch.
The position includes provision of structuring advice to sales teams and credit partners, completion of customized credit approval packages, pricing models, approval memos and other standard documents, and management of the documentation process to ensure on-time loan booking.
The ideal candidate can analyze commercial risks and identify mitigants, recommend risk ratings, exposure strategies, credit structures and sponsor recommendations through the approval process. This role interfaces with client teams, risk, structured credit, servicing and legal partners to support the timely delivery of the credit process to our market partners and clients.
Primary duties include underwriting and obtaining credit approval for commercial loan products to clients of Global Wealth and Investment Management.
- Candidate must be able to underwrite and prepare written loan approvals
- Experience in small business or commercial loan underwriting preferred
- Must be familiar with commercial lending products (yacht, commercial real estate, fine art, hedge funds and unsecured lending)
- Analyzing and spreading personal financial information and tax returns and evaluating debt capacity
- Negotiating loan structure, covenants and loan documentation according to creditworthiness, collateral and risk appetite
- Commissioning and analyzing due diligence including personal, legal and collateral-dependent
- Managing multiple deals simultaneously and different constituents depending on deal stage
Enterprise Role Overview:
Extends credit to and monitors loan portfolios of private banking clients. Works closely with private banking relationship managers in structuring loans to meet the clients’ requirements or in reviewing credit standards. Typically works on smaller or less complicated loan or credit product transactions and under guidance of management or senior staff. Possesses some loan approval authority.
- College degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or economics preferred
- Strong financial analysis, accounting and credit skills
- 5 + years of commercial credit experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Clear and concise communication skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build business partnerships with risk, services and client teams who may not be co-located
- Highly prefer a candidate who is commercially credit trained
Posting Date: 12/07/2018
Location: Charlotte, NC, ONE BANK OF AMERICA CENTER, 150 N COLLEGE ST, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.