Overview ( Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview):
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of our Global Delivery Center of Expertise in the bank. Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for the individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
BA Continuum India Pvt. Ltd. supports business process, information technology and knowledge process across Consumer Banking, including Card and Home Loans, Legacy Asset Servicing, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Wealth and Investment Management lines of business at Bank of America.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Legal Entity Control, Regulatory Reporting, Control Governance, Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Financial Transaction Processing and Finance Systems Support
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
The role involves managing the accounting, month end close, regulatory reporting including capital and liquidity reporting, and management reporting responsibilities
GFC Legal Entity Controller AVP position includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, review and governance of day to day responsibilities of the Finance function including accounting processes and reporting, month-end close, audit closure, regulatory reporting, management reporting, variance analysis, managing risks & controls
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals and manage associate development plans
- Ensuring accurate and timely submission of data to Controllers
- Key contributor to business initiatives with Subject Matter Expertise
- Responsible for fulfilling the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, including reports and presentations to the Board Committees and Board of Directors, the Central Bank and other regulators
- Lead / Drive / Partner in change management projects involving migration, reengineering, transformation etc
- Collaborate to support business goals by working on complex activities or projects with others within the team and with various partner relationships
- Lead control initiative, drive implementation and provide overall oversight to team deliverables & objectives
- Exercise judgment and critical thinking in identifying potential risks, control trends in assigned business areas as well as impact to the business and to the Bank overall by applying business acumen
- Responsible for timely and accurately completion of assigned responsibilities and report thereon
- Monitor and evaluating risk related to financial and regulatory reporting activity in conjunction with Compliance, Risk and Corporate Audit.
- CA / CPA or MBA from a premier institute
- 12+ years of experience in financial accounting / reporting domain in banking / financial services
- Proven experience in managing and developing teams
- Deep hands-on experience in areas of Controllership & US GAAP accounting
- Good knowledge of financial products (derivatives, swaps, interest, bonds, credit, etc.)
- Ability and flexibility to manage different functions across the Finance and Accounting domain
- Experience in implementing RPA, emerging technologies is desired
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment involving complexities and changing work mix
- Proven ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities in a global environment
- Strong communication is essential. Ability to independently communicate with senior leaders in the business
- Strong relationship management skills to navigate the complexities of aligning stakeholders, building consensus and resolving conflicts in a large, distributed organization; proven ability to influence peers/stakeholders and other leaders across various lines of business
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives with a track record of successful change
- Demonstrates a positive attitude while focusing on completing tasks or goals
Shift Timings: 11:30 am – 8:30 pm