About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Background: Zinc is the strategic trade and risk consolidation physical data platform for Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Markets. The primary function of Zinc is to provide a consolidated firm wide risk repository for Counterparty Credit Risk, Capital Risk, Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Enterprise Risk, Model Risk, GRC, MO, PB, Capital, CT, Equities, Financial Management, CCRPM and Margin consumers.
We are looking for strong developers who would like to pursue career in technical tracks in investment banking. We are using Python and an Oracle Exadata back-end to collect data from around the firm for reporting and analytics. Core to the project is a proprietary data warehouse solution so any experience with data warehousing will be an advantage.
- 80% of time would be concentrated in programming
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications within Global Markets environment
- Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture
- Working closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications
- Hands-on programming in any language such as Python, Java, C# or .NET is a must
- Some comfort with SQL and Relational databases, UNIX shell scripting or programming languages such as Ruby or C
- Good understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- Good understanding of SDLC and application of Agile Methodologies including but not limited to automated testing (such as Test-Driven Development), Code Review, Continuous Integration and Version Control Systems
- Experience with object databases and relational databases is preferred and specific experience with Oracle Exadata stored procedures is an advantage
- Functional programming
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Product knowledge of Equities, Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities, and / or Listed and OTC Derivatives