Life can be a little uncertain when your spouse is in the military. We’re proud to offer military spouses the opportunity, stability and flexibility they need to support their service member and families. The traits you share with your spouse – leadership, courage and conviction – are what we value. When you join our team, we want you to be able to continue your career with Bank of America in the event of relocation. We have great job transition assistance for employees relocating due to permanent change of station, as well as for employees with a spouse in the military.
As part of our continued support, Bank of America participates with the Military Spouse Employment Partnership to provide assistance and resources for military spouses.
Within MSAG, we have a Military Spouse group, with an Enterprise leader. We hold a quarterly forum for information sharing and feedback for spouses working at the Bank.
Objectives of the Military Spouse group:
As a working military spouse, we know it can be difficult to be fully engaged with the resources that the military provides, as they usually occur during working hours. There are some challenges in day-to-day and long-term careers that are unique; we want to help mitigate those challenges.
Within our Military Spouse group, we work to:
- Create a community for current and former military spouses/significant others to support each other personally and professionally.
- Help other military spouses gain employment with the bank.
- Build partnerships to promote military spouse hiring and development.
- Support the spouses and families of a deployed solider/sailor/marine/airman by sending Christmas gifts, care packages, and any other support uncovered.
- Link effective internal and external resources for military spouses.
- Work with HR to enable continuity of employment when faced with PCS moves.
- Educate on Bank benefits like Military qualifying exigency leave, caregiver leave and intermittent leave/reduced work schedules.